Dolphins, Klusener to part ways?

Thumbnail

Klusener, who has been away on leave for the last week, said yesterday that he knew nothing about it.

But many of the Dolphins’ squad are aware of the rumour, including the national players.

The chief executive of the KwaZulu-Natal Cricket Union, Pete de Wet, did little to dispel the rumour.

While he said Klusener “had not been fired”, he acknowledged that his current two-year contract concluded at the end of April.

“Lance will be back in the office on Monday (today), and a decision over whether to extend his contract will be made in the next few days,” De Wet said.

Klusener succeeded Graham Ford as coach at the end of the 2011/12 season, and helped his franchise win the Ram Slam T20 Challenge in 2013/14 – their first exclusive trophy in more than a decade.

That winter he was awarded a two-year contract with an option for a third year.

The Dolphins have had an uneven season this summer, reaching the final of the Ram Slam T20 Challenge, thanks largely to the contributions of overseas professional Kevin Pietersen and all-rounder Andile Phehlukwayo, but failing to reach the play-off stages of the Momentum One-Day Cup and languishing in the bottom half of the four-day Sunfoil Series competition. - The Mercury

Original source: Dolphins, Klusener to part ways?

by