In response to a tweet by @cutmaker, at @KP24 Tweeted: Been wanting to say this publicly for 16yrs, so gonna say it now - BODI YOU BELL-END!
— Kevin Pietersen (@KP24) January 26, 2016
— Cutmaker (@cutmaker) January 25, 2016
Gulam Bodi, 37, who kept Pietersen out of the Dolphins side back in 2000 because of the quota system, was found guilty of trying to spot-fix games in the Ram Slam Twenty20 competition.
Haroon Lorgat, Cricket South Africa’s chief executive, chose Centurion - where England and SA are currently playing - to announce Bodi’s sentence.
After inquiries by the anti-corruption unit, Bodi faced several counts of contriving or attempting to fix matches.
“Mr Bodi’s actions have threatened the integrity of the game,” said Lorgat. “Evidence - and the confessions made by Bodi - suggest we got him in a planning phase and no fixes were active.”
Sportsmail revealed earlier this month that two South Africa Test players were implicated in Bodi’s scheme.
Lorgat said investigations are continuing, adding that several players rejected advances from Bodi before he was reported to the anti-corruption unit.
Sportsmail understands that at least two other players will face charges of accepting Bodi’s money to spot-fix matches. Others face the lesser charge of failing to report approaches.
Original source: Pietersen responds to Bodi ban